Here at The PrivatGym™ | Rittenhouse every Philly physical therapist and exercise physiologist (personal trainer) works with clients and patients toward achievable goals. And, they’re different for everyone.
So, this year our Philly physical therapist and personal trainer team resolved to formalize the process to make our work with you more effective.
Therefore, we’d encourage you to come in for a fitness baseline evaluation with a Philly physical therapist or exercise physiologist. It’s not onerous. And it’ll just take 15 to 20 minutes of your time.
Here’s what our Philly physical therapy and exercise physiologist team will review – and you can opt out of any part:
- Blood Pressure – a critical measurement at every age.
- Weight and Height – the most basic information.
- Body Fat Analysis – you can be within the normal weight range and have dangerous hidden fat. Because you can have excess visceral fat that can surround your internal organs. And it also settle toward your middle. Both may lead to increased risk of heart attack or stroke.
- Flexibility – we’ll use one of two “gold standard” methods. This is either Functional Movement Screen or the Selected Functional Movement Assessment.
- Health History using PAR-Q – a simple set of question related to your medical history and activity readiness. We’ve expanded it with a few extra data points to help our exercise physiologists and our Philly physical therapy team.
- Workout Baseline – we’ll measure your core, upper and lower body strength.
- 2018 Goals – we think that 3 goals are a great place to start.
There’s no charge for your Fitness Baseline.
You’ve got to know where you’re starting to reach your goals.
We can schedule it before or after a training or physical therapy session. If that’s not convenient, just let us know when you’re here or by email and we’ll work around your schedule.