Exceptional articles can get a Rittenhouse Personal Trainer thinking.
Among other deep thoughts, author Taffy Brodesser-Akins realizes that:
“I treated my body with such contempt, but my body wasn’t different from me. There were no two of me to put on a magazine cover, just the one of me.”
“Whoa!” our collective Rittenhouse Personal Trainer Team thought.
Can’t many of us fall into this trap? Whether it’s weight, work or life we tend to separate ourselves into compartments.
Here at The PrivatGym™ | Rittenhouse every Rittenhouse Personal Trainer focuses primarily on the physical. And we also want to help keep our many facets integrated into one well functioning whole.
We remembered an article in Prevention about simple ways to be healthier. (And specifically getting ready for menopause – but it applies to all. So guys, read on). Here are our Rittenhouse Personal Trainer take aways:
- Have a regular exercise routine. Most of our clients do. And when you’re not with us at The PrivatGym™ | Rittenhouse, we’ll happily create home exercise program.
- Strength training matters at every age. The sooner you commit to staying strong – which involves a little discomfort and a lot of work – the healthier you’ll stay.
- Core exercises and stretching make a difference. Few of us stretch enough. And many of us hate doing planks. But keep at it. Because you’ll be more mobile and flexible longer. And you might want to try a few sessions with Chris Byiers who’s great at core work.
- Sit less. Stand more. Sitting just isn’t good for our backs. We slump and slouch. It’s bad for the back. When you’re standing, you’re forced to move. You burn more calories, keep your balance intact and generally have better posture.
- Try to keep your weight from yo-yoing. Many of us want to lose a few pounds. We suggest: be realistic about what you need to lose. Then you’ll probably keep the weight off. Studies show that widely fluctuating weight leads to many health problems.
- Eat cleaner. This has been a mantra for years. And many of us still snack on unhealthy food and default to ready-to-eat meal options. We believe that this leads to extra calories, more bad fats and unhealthy simple carbs with every meal.
- Be nicer to yourself. Sounds simple. And we know it can be hard. Take a deep breath and step back. Perhaps try meditating. We love the HeadSpace app.
As Oprah Winfrey told the author:
“The only way you win is to keep looking forward for yourself. What’s best for you?”
So when you’re ready to win for yourself. Every Rittenhouse Personal Trainer at The PrivatGym™ | Rittenhouse stands ready to help. Just contact us.